Monday, February 20, 2012

Almost Done!

Its been 2 weeks I think? Well I am almost done with the first item for Spring/Summer 2012. I had to play around with my pattern a bit but I am very happy with the way it is turning out. I do have a few things I would like to change the next time I make it, one of them being the straps in the back should have a boarder to that they don't curl. I am hoping that if I block it then the curling will go away but if not then I will still be happy with the way it turned out.

I changed the design of this project around a few times. I originally wanted it to have a knit back, a knit front and crocheted side panels. However, I ended up making the back knit and the front crocheted. I also added a cute shell boarder on the front.

So I first started out sketching my design and making a gauge and swatch.





I started working on the back first. The back is a simple stockinette stitch with ribbing at the bottom. I eventually got to the shaping and had to put part of the back on a stitch holder. I also began to type out my written instructions on the computer. This helps me keep track of the pattern in case I need/want to make it again.
After the back was finished I began to work the crocheted right front side. It is a simple single crochet throughout and after I finished the shaping I decided to add a fancy boarder to it. I decided to make a shell boarder. All that is left is to work the front left side and then it will be all ready and then I will begin to work on the next new item!

Other projects I have going on
  • Striped Scarf knit on circular needles
  • Scrap Hat
  • Lace Heart Sweater



No comments:

Post a Comment