Thursday, January 12, 2012

My page seems to have sparked a lot of interest lately and I felt that it would be appropriate to share the process of creating new designs and new ideas on this blog. I wanted everyone to see just how much goes into creating and finishing a knit article of clothing. I was also hoping to post a few video tutorials due to the fact that I have alot of people asking me to teach them to knit. Im hoping these videos will be of help to you!

I am very happy with the way the Cabled Christmas items came out. I know I was two weeks off my deadline but I wanted the items to be finished properly. I spend hours writing out patterns and unraveling and re-knitting certain things because the shape was wrong or the look was not what I had in mind. I think my favorite item is definatly the Cabled Headband. It only takes a few hours and it can be put on really quickly and I think it looks great with any hairstyle! It does not slide when it is on which was one of my main concerns but finishing it off with a Triple Needle Bind Off helped a lot I think.
I have decided to take a quick break from my knitting. I have my ideas planned out for the Spring/Summer items but I still have about two weeks before I plan to start them. For these two weeks I plan on playing around with knit and crocheted jewelry as well as wire jewelry. I started to make a really interesting Dreamcatcher Earring, however, I feel that it is too bulky so I plan on making a bigger necklace version as well as a key-chain. I am hoping to put a tutorial on in a few days with a detailed description and a few pictures so that you can make one yourself! I think they are really fun and although some parts are tricky, it is a great rainy day craft!


No comments:

Post a Comment